Monday, July 23, 2007

monsoon monday

School is starting again already. I had hoped to write about Singapore, Manali and Dharamsala, but I never really got around to it. I also considered writing about Amritsar, but I can not think of anything nice to say about that particular city so I might not say anything at all.

When we got back from our recent trip through Himachal Pradesh and Punjab, I learned that one of my students was killed in a car accident in the mountains of Nepal. I was pretty stunned, to say the least. I think that teachers usually feel as though they are watching people begin life, prepare for careers, and muster their potential for a burst into the future. Apparently sometimes we are watching the final details being engraved in a mature life. I guess mostly I am failing to comprehend it.

2 comments:

  1. Nate,
    We love your writings. Keep them coming. And we miss you guys alot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Nate, I miss you alot, also. It's hard when you see someone die before what is considered a fuller life.
    And I echo David and Karin - enjoying very much your page.
    Love,
    DAD

    ReplyDelete