Sunday, February 3, 2008

missing the super bowl

I am supposed to be grading a quiz right now. Two quizzes, in fact. Instead I am just sitting here listening to Jimmy Stewart on an old radio show. Most of the jokes, being about 1953 current events, are rather beyond my appreciation. It is nice background music, though.

Joie and Annie are away for a couple of days, so I have to keep Will alive and get myself to school all by myself. I will miss the Super Bowl, since it starts at 4:30 AM on a school morning. I can hardly wait till Super Bowl XLV, which I intend to watch from a comfortable chair with a plate full of food somewhere in the land of the free and the home of the brave. The Packers will probably be bad again by then, but I will watch it anyway.

At this point I stopped to imagine the worst case scenario for my re-introduction to the Super Bowl in America. It would certainly involve Dolphins vs. Vikings, with a commentary by Troy Aikman. I would probably have to sit on the floor the whole time, and the only food at the party would be stale pretzels and flat warm Grape Jolly Good soda. The commercials would all star Carrot Top and they would all be about cars. The game would end with a 5-3 Vikings victory after a safety in the fourth overtime. Even then I would enjoy every minute of it.

1 comment:

  1. not missing the superbowl at all... but i am missing you. hugs, mom

    ReplyDelete