Saturday, August 30, 2008

the monkeys on our shed



This was a lucky picture taken from Will's bedroom. A rare action shot of a big monkey rejecting the playful affection of a little one. I wonder if baby monkeys have feelings. The monkeys like to sit on our shed and sun themselves and pick bugs out of one another's fur. I have to be careful lately when I take pictures of monkeys. Once I was shooting a couple right outside our door and they started grunting and chattering to the big male, who came tearing across the yard to lunge at the door and bark at me. There is a very large male monkey in the troupe recently, and rumor has it he is a renegade that was kicked out of a different troupe. He is incredibly large, probably around a hundred pounds and built like a pit-bull, so I would be scared to see the monkeys that chased him away. Yeah, we have rumors about local monkey politics.

1 comment:

  1. Stay out of that monkey's way. We have geckos that climb our walls and hummingbirds that occassionally fly into our front room. I'm not sure what I'd do with a renegade monkey.

    ReplyDelete