Monday, September 29, 2008

my inner economist

This blog was never intended to be a serious academic source of information or news, and any observations I may make about the Wall Street drama will be pathetically under informed and laughably erroneous. So I'll give it a shot:

There are only a few people alive who know for sure why the whole thing works or if it works. If the $700 billion bailout still leaves people feeling desperate, why don't they just double the amount? It's all pretend money being pulled out of a budget that doesn't exist and creating a debt to nobody which will never be paid. There is something distinctly pretend about the world economy.

I have a sneaky suspicion that the Bernankespan guy could fix the whole thing by saying, "It's fine, guys. I fixed it." Everyone would relax and give a nervous little laugh and go about their business and it would be fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment