Friday, January 30, 2009

back home

Well, the Burchells have survived another month-long adventure in South India. We arrived home this afternoon to find our house just where we left it. We spent a great deal of time soaking up the sun on the beach. We had some steak, some fish, and some deep-fried shrimp (but here they are 'prawns'). We saw the ruins of Hampi. At the moment it seems like we spent most of the time on trains, but that can't be right. Anyway, I have pretty much forgotten how to compose a sentence, much less type it out, so I'll quit for tonight. Here are a few pictures of spices, an ancient Hindu temple, and my beloved family. I will not insult your intelligence by telling you which is which.





5 comments:

  1. Nate,
    You and yours are beloved. I really appreciate your blogging. I have a little boy at home that turned 7 today. We had breakfast together. I told him that I had a little boy a lot like him a long time ago. Hey, I love you guys.

    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome home, Burchells! Wish I was there to have put flowers on the table and a casserole in the oven for you! We love you! Will, you look so cool in your sunglasses! And it is funny how Annie just hangs around!
    Hugs to Nate and Joie, and silly smooches to Will and Annie...
    Love,
    Mom/GrandmaKate

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yea! You're back! We have a teaching friend who is moving to Pakistan next year and can't wait to ride the trains in India. Glad you'll be posting again! Love,

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh good. Welcome home. We have missed your great blog, Nate. Hope you have a relaxing weekend and that you feel refreshed and ready for the new semester. You guys are SO loved. Karin and David

    ReplyDelete
  5. The spices are very interesting.
    The tower is amazing!
    And Joie, Will, and Annie are soo cute with their sunglasses!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete